System Test Analysts- London and Cardiff
30th April 2012
Monitise plc is a technology and services company delivering mobile banking, payments and commerce networks worldwide with the proven technology and expertise to enable financial institutions and other organisations to offer a wide range of services to their customers in developed and emerging markets. Our technology platform is used by millions of consumers around the world to securely interact with their money via their mobile phones.
With live services in the UK, the US, India and Africa, the company is working with international partners to extend trusted and secure mobile banking, payment and commerce services in territories worldwide, including Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Monitise has a global alliance agreement with Visa Inc. and strategic partnerships with Visa Europe, RBS Group and FIS. Other leading partners and clients include RBS, NatWest, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, First Direct, FIS, U.S. Bank, Ulster Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Travelex, Vocalink, Vodafone, Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3 UK, Research In Motion, Best Buy Europe, The Carphone Warehouse, First Eastern, Astra, JETCO and PCCW mobile.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Although the scope and focus of the day to day activities within the role will change dependent on business requirements, the following should be considered the core accountable activities:
- Write and execute functional test cases, log and resolve defects with the relevant parties, ensuring re-testing and closure.
- Undertake System, End-to-end and Regression testing on handsets and websites.
- Responsible for reviewing requirement and technical specifications and developing test plans.
- Provide assistance to internal and external operational staff in the performance of Acceptance testing.
- Technical testing of applications and infrastructure, including J2ME, Oracle, Sun and Apache technologies.
- Certification testing. Working with external parties to ensure that products adhere to certifiable standards.
- Co-ordinate with technical and non-technical teams within Monitise and third parties in agreeing test plans, data, tools, resources and timescales, with reporting on the results of such agreements.
- Assist in problem discovery, logging, and re-testing of new functionality.
Education and Qualifications
Candidates must be educated to at least degree level or have equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Vast experience in functional testing
- Experiencing of analyzing functional and technical requirements to produce test cases
- In depth experience of producing detailed technical and functional cases.
- Experience of working with offshore teams
- Experience of acceptance testing
- Understanding and experience in the testing of Internet and mobile technologies, including Web, WAP, Handset and PDA, 2.5G / 3G).
- Experience of Mercury Quality Center
- Exposure to test automation
- Understanding of test processes and development methodologies.
- Experience of interacting with customers and third party suppliers.
- Working knowledge of TOAD, SQL and Solaris (*NIX systems)
- Experience of technical testing of client / server applications, database servers and networks, covering Java technologies, Sun, Apache and Oracle software environments.
- Testing of applications on mobile handset devices.
- Experience of Certification testing
- Experience of working with ATM networks
- Working knowledge of test automation using appropriate test tools.
- Hands on experience of Handsets and the PDA market.
- Formal training in testing methodologies.
- Experience of working with simulators and hybrid test tools.
Skills and Competencies
- The ability to understand an end-to-end solution from both a technical and customer point of view.
- A drive for results both individually and as part of a team.
- Adaptability and the ability to deliver projects to tight deadlines
- Innovation and Quality of Thinking
- Self management and ability to take responsibility for own workload.
- Good understanding of full development lifecycle.
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent oral / written communication skills with attention to quality in all forms of communication (internal and external).
- A passion for ensuring the delivery of quality products and services.