Executive Assistant - Foster City
05th October 2011
Scope of Position
Reporting to the General Manager for Monitise’s relationship with Visa, Inc., you will be an essential supporting role assisting the General Manager and team in all administrative and day to day requirements. This is a varied and challenging role where you will be a key player within the organization. This position will be based in Foster City, CA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Although the scope and focus of activities may vary dependent on business requirements, the following should be considered the core tasks:
- Serve as “right hand” for General Manager, balancing time efficiently and coordinating calendar
- Organize logistics for meetings including scheduling, meeting invitation, meeting materials, minute taking, F&B, audio-visual requirements, etc.
- Arrange attendance/speaking at meetings and conferences and handle logistics and speaker requirements
- Handle ordering of office equipment, office supplies, computers, teleconference lines, cell phones, etc.
- Assist with the onboarding of new staff members
- Coordinate internal moves of team members
- Manage vacation schedules and other PTO
- Upkeep of team’s information (phone lists, org charts, etc.)
- Book and manage domestic and international travel itineraries for the team
- Arrange visas and other travel documents when necessary
- Serve as point person for travel agency
- Create PowerPoint presentations utilizing graphics and animation
- Organize and submit monthly expenses for General Manager
- Work alongside other assistants to ensure smooth running of the organization
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint
- Proactive self-starter with flexible attitude
- Well organized with ability to multi-task
- High level of creativity required
- Ability to think out of the box
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external contacts at all levels of the organization
- At least 4 years experience in similar role
Monitise is a provider of mobile financial services to the mass market. It was established in the UK in 2003 by Alastair Lukies and Steven Atkinson.
Monitise’s proposition (“Monitise Mobile Money”) is to allow banks and other registered financial institutions to offer their consumers a quick, convenient and secure mobile-phone based utility that allows them to manage their own financial accounts. Monitise Mobile Money also provides the capability for consumers to move money between their own accounts and transfer money to other peoples’ accounts for the payment of bills, for goods and services, or as an alternative to cash payment to an individual. Monitise Mobile Money uses existing and secure banking and payments industry infrastructure to achieve these functions. Where such systems do not exist, Monitise works with partners to create the foundations of building a mobile financial services infrastructure.
Signed in June 2009 and recently updated, Visa signed a new commercial agreement with Monitise to expand delivery of mobile financial services to banked Visa account holders in conjunction with Visa's financial institution partners. Monitise's expertise in customizing mobile applications for a broad range of phone models and operating systems enables Visa to virtualize existing Visa accounts on mobile phones and offer Visa account holders globally a new array of payment types.
One key focus of this alliance is the introduction of new mobile services to existing Visa account holders outside the U.S. that enable electronic payments on the go to meet consumers' daily needs including mobile top-up, utility payments, and transit ticketing.