Senior Test Analyst - Cardiff and London
23rd April 2012
Monitise plc is a technology and services company delivering mobile banking, payments and commerce networks worldwide with the proven technology and expertise to enable financial institutions and other organisations to offer a wide range of services to their customers in developed and emerging markets. Our technology platform is used by millions of consumers around the world to securely interact with their money via their mobile phones.
With live services in the UK, the US, India and Africa, the company is working with international partners to extend trusted and secure mobile banking, payment and commerce services in territories worldwide, including Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Monitise has a global alliance agreement with Visa Inc. and strategic partnerships with Visa Europe, RBS Group and FIS. Other leading partners and clients include RBS, NatWest, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, First Direct, FIS, U.S. Bank, Ulster Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Travelex, Vocalink, Vodafone, Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3 UK, Research In Motion, Best Buy Europe, The Carphone Warehouse, First Eastern, Astra, JETCO and PCCW mobile.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Although the scope and focus of the day to day activities within the role will change dependent on business requirements, the following should be considered the core accountable activities:
- Responsible for reviewing requirement and technical specifications and developing test plans.
- Write and execute test cases, log and resolve defects with the relevant parties, ensuring re-testing and closure.
- Undertake System, End-to-end and Regression testing on handsets and websites.
- Design and implement automation of new and existing test suites
- Provide assistance to internal and external operational staff in the performance of Acceptance testing.
- Technical testing of applications and infrastructure, including J2ME, Oracle, Sun and Apache technologies.
- Certification testing. Working with external parties to ensure that products adhere to certifiable standards.
- Co-ordinate with technical and non-technical teams within Monitise and third parties in agreeing test plans, data, tools, resources and timescales, with reporting on the results of such agreements.
- Assist in problem discovery, logging, and re-testing of new functionality.
Education and Qualifications
Candidates must be educated to at least degree level or have equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Proven experience of system test planning, execution on range of products, mobile applications.
- Experience of analyzing functional and technical requirements to produce test plans
- In depth experience of producing detailed technical and functional cases.
- Significant experience in using test automation tools independently & Implemented tools for applying automation to the end-to-end solution, which resulted in a reduction of manual testing effort
- Significant experience in testing Web services, REST APIs
- Significant experience in working with offshore teams
- Proven ability of working in agile methodology, risk based test approach
- Understanding and experience in the testing of Internet and mobile technologies, including Web, WAP, Handset and PDA, 2.5G / 3G).
- Experience of Mercury Quality Center, Selenium RC, Quick Test Pro, SoapUI Pro, Load Runner, Device Anywhere etc.
- Analyzes patterns of defects for features, Prioritizes bugs for features, participates / conducts bug triages
- Understanding of test processes and development methodologies.
- Experience of interacting with customers and third party suppliers.
- Working knowledge of TOAD, SQL and Solaris (*NIX systems)
- Experience of acceptance testing
- Proven ability of technical testing on client / server applications, database servers and networks, covering Java technologies, Sun, Apache and Oracle software environments.
- Testing of applications on mobile handset devices.
- Developing automated test suites for hand set relates tests especially for iPhone, Android or Black Berry etc.
- Experience of Certification testing
- Experience of working with ATM networks
- Working knowledge of load, performance and functional testing, using appropriate test tools.
- Hands on experience of Handsets and the PDA market.
- Formal training in testing methodologies.
- Experience of working with simulators and hybrid test toolset.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to understand in-depth of the design and code of an end-to-end business solution, and to design accurate test case suites and in addressing missed requirements and/or potential design shortcomings
- Ability to influence solutions / designs from end-to-end business flows perspective with greater usability to end customer also to eliminate ambiguous requirements, which resulted in fewer bugs and increased reliability
- Implemented tools for applying automation to the end-to-end solution, which resulted in a reduction of manual testing effort
- Ability to provide testability perspective for requirements reviews (for example, automation, localization, and security) to develop effective test planning, which resulted in increased test coverage
- Ability to evangelize new testing methodologies and incorporate it into the existing test approach for an end-to-end business solution, which improved test effectiveness and scheduling
- Developed well-organized automation designs that clearly identified the proposed mix oftest scenarios, coverage, maintainability, and cost/benefit analysis for automation, which resulted in productive and timely test cycles
- Promptly investigated failing tests and consistently recognized actual bugs, false positives, and bogus failures in testing, which resulted in the productive use of resources and improved quality delivery for the end-to-end solution
- Proven ability in the areas of test driven development and/or risk based test approach
- A drive for results both individually and as part of a team.
- Adaptability and the ability to deliver projects to tight deadlines
- Innovation and Quality of Thinking
- Self management and ability to take responsibility for own workload.
- Good understanding of full development lifecycle.
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent oral / written communication skills with attention to quality in all forms of communication (internal and external).
- A passion for ensuring the delivery of quality products and services.