Graduate Software Engineer - London & Cardiff
04th March 2013
Monitise is the largest Mobile Money specialist in the world with a single-minded and realistic vision: to make money totally mobile across the globe. Listed in 2007, British PLC Monitise has global reach. With operations in the UK, the US, India and Asia Pacific, it has created one of the most extensive and successful mobile banking, payments and commerce services in the world.
Monitise provides services to more than 300 financial institutions and has partnerships with most UK high street banks. It also has strategic partnerships with Visa Europe, Visa Inc., RBS Group and FIS to create and deliver their Mobile Money services in developed and developing markets.
Monitise are looking to recruit for a Graduate Software Engineer for our London & Cardiff Offices.
Working within a highly skilled team you will have the opportunity to take what you’ve learned in theory and put it into practice, gaining exposure in cutting edge tools, and techniques for developing robust, bank grade software applications.
Initially shadowing engineers from across our organisation, you’ll experience different aspects of the business, which will include:
- Contributing to the implementation of the Monitise global mBanking, mPayments and mCommerce product set (design, develop, maintain and optimise)
- Analysis and resolution of problems and incidents
- Working closely with testers, database teams and project managers exposed to the full development process and procedures from design through to deliver.
We are looking for graduates with a level of understanding of the following:
- Java Enterprise / Android / IOS / Windows Mobile or Blackberry platforms
- Understanding of OO principles and design patterns
- Web Services (REST / SOAP)
- Build tools (Maven/ Continual Integration)
- Agile methods
- Automation testing
- Minimum 2.1 degree in either a mathematical, pure science or computer science related subject
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Monitise experience large volumes of applications for various positions within the organisation and as such can’t guarantee specific feedback to all. If we would like to progress we will be in touch, if you have not heard from us within two weeks please assume at this moment we will not be progressing your application but will keep you in mind for any future vacancies and contact you if anything suitable arises.