UNIX Build Engineer
23rd November 2012
Monitise is the largest Mobile Money specialist in the world with a single-minded and realistic vision: to make money totally mobile across the globe. Listed in 2007, British PLC Monitise has global reach. With operations in the UK, the US, India and Asia Pacific, it has created one of the most extensive and successful mobile banking, payments and commerce services in the world.
Monitise provides services to more than 300 financial institutions and has partnerships with most UK high street banks. It also has strategic partnerships with Visa Europe, Visa Inc., RBS Group and FIS to create and deliver their Mobile Money services in developed and developing markets.
Listed in London, we have more than 400 staff based throughout our field of operations, and as we embark on ambitious plans to grow our reach and the next phase of our growth, we now seek a UNIX Build Engineer for our London office.
To provide a technical point of reference and UNIX admin support to the Team Leader. You will find you will be working on multiple projects and will be required to manage your own time and update the project manager with any issues or concerns you may have. You should be able to take the initiative and own issues through to resolution.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Although the scope and focus of the day to day activities within the role will change dependent on business requirements, the following should be considered the core activities:
- Implementation and configuration of infrastructure.
- Configuration and maintenance of highly available architectures.
- Administration, troubleshooting and configuration of QA, test and development systems.
- Scripting, automation and integration work (including for corporate systems).
- Backup and recovery.
- Assistance and consultancy to LSPs, MSPs and customers during new implementations and upgrades.
- Involvement in migrations of various systems, physically and logically.
- Implementation of new products and services.
- 3rd line support of infrastructure for Monitise products.
- Functional and change control documentation.
- Capacity planning and management around QA, development and test systems.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidates must be educated to at least degree level or have equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience as a systems administrator/engineer in a commercial environment, dealing with business critical, high availability systems.
- Extensive experience with Java web application servers and related technologies (GlassFish, Sun Application Server, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, SQUID).
- Detailed knowledge of installing Solaris 10 (Zones, ZFS, resource management)
- Detailed knowledge of x86 and SPARC hardware.
- Knowledge and experience building Sun Clusters, Veritas Clusters or similar high availability technologies.
- Practical experience of scripting (shell and/or perl).
- Thorough understanding of internet protocols and technologies, as well as an appreciation of network hardware, troubleshooting and design.
- Understanding of PKI, security and encryption, and the considerations surrounding their use.
- Good understanding of SANs (Sun and/or Hitachi)
- HSM administration and configuration.
- Experience of Puppet or Chef Configuration tools.
- Appreciation of systems architecture and design.
- Experience of mobile technologies (Java, Objective-C).
- Experience of automated server builds (Jumpstart, Jet, Kickstart).
- Experience of designing and implementing highly available solutions.
- Systems administration experience in finance, ecommerce, broadcast or an ISP.
- Networking skills; Good working knowledge of Cisco/Juniper routers, switches, firewalls, content switches / load balancers, VPNs, RADIUS.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (VMWare, LDOMs).
- Experience with software build tools and development systems (Hudson/Jenkins, CVS, Mercurial, GIT, Eclipse)
- ITIL foundation (either certificate or working knowledge)
- HDS storage (AMS) and Brocade switching
- Database skills (preferably Oracle and MySQL).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Appreciation of mobile technologies and protocols.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to represent the team and articulate a clear viewpoint in internal and external meetings.
- Self-motivation and ability to take ownership of issues
- Can-do attitude.
- Professional approach.
- Documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Analytical and structured yet creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Details on how to apply
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org