UNIX Systems Engineer – London
04th March 2013
Monitise is the largest Mobile Money specialist in the world with a single-minded and realistic vision: to make money totally mobile across the globe. Listed in 2007, British PLC Monitise has global reach. With operations in the UK, the US, India and Asia Pacific, it has created one of the most extensive and successful mobile banking, payments and commerce services in the world.
Monitise provides services to more than 300 financial institutions and has partnerships with most UK high street banks. It also has strategic partnerships with Visa Europe, Visa Inc., RBS Group and FIS to create and deliver their Mobile Money services in developed and developing markets.
Monitise are looking to recruit for a Unix Systems Engineer for our London Office.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Implementation and configuration of infrastructure.
- Configuration and maintenance of highly available architectures.
- Administration, troubleshooting and configuration of QA, test and development systems.
- Scripting, automation and integration work (including for corporate systems).
- Backup and recovery.
- Assistance and consultancy to LSPs, MSPs and customers during new implementations and upgrades.
- Involvement in migrations of various systems, physically and logically.
- Implementation of new products and services.
- 3rd line support of infrastructure for Monitise products.
- Functional and change control documentation.
- Capacity planning and management around QA, development and test systems.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Extensive experience as a systems administrator/engineer in a commercial environment, dealing with business critical, high availability systems.
- Extensive experience with Java web application servers and related technologies (GlassFish, Sun Application Server, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, SQUID).
- Detailed knowledge of Solaris 10 (Zones, ZFS, resource management)
- Detailed knowledge of x86 and SPARC hardware.
- Knowledge and experience with Sun Cluster, Veritas Cluster or similar high availability technologies.
- Practical experience of scripting (shell and/or perl).
- Thorough understanding of internet protocols and technologies, as well as an appreciation of network hardware, troubleshooting and design.
- Understanding of PKI, security and encryption, and the considerations surrounding their use.
- Good understanding of SANs (Sun and/or Hitachi)
- HSM administration and configuration.
- Appreciation of systems architecture and design.
- Experience of mobile technologies (Java, Objective-C)
- Experience of automated server builds (Jumpstart, Jet, Kickstart)
- Experience of designing and implementing highly available solutions.
- Systems administration experience in finance, ecommerce, broadcast or an ISP.
- Networking skills; Good working knowledge of Cisco/Juniper routers, switches, firewalls, content switches / load balancers, VPNs, RADIUS.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (VMWare, LDOMs).
- Experience with software build tools and development systems (Hudson/Jenkins, CVS, Mercurial, GIT, Eclipse)
- ITIL foundation (either certificate or working knowledge).
- HDS storage (AMS) and Brocade switching
- Database skills (preferably Oracle and MySQL).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Appreciation of mobile technologies and protocols.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Monitise experience large volumes of applications for various positions within the organisation and as such can’t guarantee specific feedback to all. If we would like to progress we will be in touch, if you have not heard from us within two weeks please assume at this moment we will not be progressing your application but will keep you in mind for any future vacancies and contact you if anything suitable arises.