Medium Developer - Cardiff
17th July 2012
Monitise plc is a technology and services company delivering mobile banking, payments and commerce networks worldwide with the proven technology and expertise to enable financial institutions and other organisations to offer a wide range of services to their customers in developed and emerging markets. Our technology platform is used by millions of consumers around the world to securely interact with their money via their mobile phones.
With live services in the UK, the US, India and Africa, the company is working with international partners to extend trusted and secure mobile banking, payment and commerce services in territories worldwide, including Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Monitise has a global alliance agreement with Visa Inc. and strategic partnerships with Visa Europe, RBS Group and FIS. Other leading partners and clients include RBS, NatWest, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, First Direct, FIS, U.S. Bank, Ulster Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Travelex, Vocalink, Vodafone, Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3 UK, Research In Motion, Best Buy Europe, The Carphone Warehouse, First Eastern, Astra, JETCO and PCCW mobile.
Listed in London, we have more than 400 staff based throughout our field of operations, and as we embark on ambitious plans to grow our reach and the next phase of our growth, we now seek Medium J2ee Developers for our Cardiff Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Although the scope and focus of the day to day activities within the role will change dependent on business requirements, the following should be considered the core accountable activities:
- Development of low level component base design documentation (UML)
- Low level design peer reviews (direct reports and SCRUM team members)
- Build and unit test functional enhancements to the product as a member of the SCRUM team
- Peer code reviewing (direct reports and SCRUM team members)
- Code maintenance and refactoring
- Effort estimation and task breakdown – estimating cost of implementing new changes and identifying risk
- Review and signoff of high level technical design documentation
- Defect resolution
- Investigation and resolve deployment / config or ongoing problems with the application
- Review and contribute to development process and procedures to assist in the continual improvement of the development team activities
- Working closely with test teams , database teams, project management and enterprise architects during the project lifecycle within the SCRUM
Education and Qualifications
Successful candidates are likely to have been educated to degree level or have equivalent experience. Those with qualifications in an IT, engineering or scientific disciplines are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Experience of developing highly transactional, highly available real time applications
- Working with geographically split teams
Skills and Competencies
- Looking to join a company that values professionalism
- Hard working, team focused
- Proven communication skills
- Ability to apply a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to produce written work to a consistently high standard
- Can do attitude