Release Test Lead - London
05th September 2012
Monitise plc is a technology and services company delivering mobile banking, payments and commerce networks worldwide with the proven technology and expertise to enable financial institutions and other organisations to offer a wide range of services to their customers in developed and emerging markets. Our technology platform is used by millions of consumers around the world to securely interact with their money via their mobile phones.
With live services in the UK, the US, India and Africa, the company is working with international partners to extend trusted and secure mobile banking, payment and commerce services in territories worldwide, including Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Monitise has a global alliance agreement with Visa Inc. and strategic partnerships with Visa Europe, RBS Group and FIS. Other leading partners and clients include RBS, NatWest, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, First Direct, FIS, U.S. Bank, Ulster Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Travelex, Vocalink, Vodafone, Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3 UK, Research In Motion, Best Buy Europe, The Carphone Warehouse, First Eastern, Astra, JETCO and PCCW mobile.
Listed in London, we have more than 400 staff based throughout our field of operations, and as we embark on ambitious plans to grow our reach and the next phase of our growth, we now seek a Senior Release Test Lead.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Although the scope and focus of the day to day activities within the role will change dependent on business requirements, the following should be considered the core accountable activities:
- Project management of all transition activities, including both internal and external resources involved in the transition process.
- Co-ordinate the packaging and release of technical items (applications, database, infrastructure, documentation) to customers within defined time-scales;
- Ensure release documentation and procedures are reviewed and delivered to the highest quality;
- Support customers in the planning of implementations to production, ensuring that service availability is maintained.
- Ensure that implementations are supported in the event of errors occurring;
- Produce and distribute implementation / backout strategies to customers;
- Develop and deliver training programs for internal and external resources involved in the transition process.
- Document all release, implementation and support processes, procedures and operational manuals to a professional standard.
Education and Qualifications
Candidates must be educated to at least degree level or have equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Sound project management skills
- A background in the release and support of high availability systems.
- An excellent understanding of software development life cycles and change and release management
- An understanding of the ITIL framework for Service Management.
- Significant experience Oracle (9i and 10g)
- Strong skills in SQL, PL/SQL and SQLPlus
- Significant experience with Unix (Solaris and Linux)
- Experience in Java Applications
- Experience of Blade and Zone architecture
- Experience of working with mobile products
Skills and Competencies
- ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple requests from multiple sources
- strong communication skills
- excellent understanding of software development life cycles
- change and release management awareness
- confident in a client facing environment
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a team player
- sound organisational skills